Your name is important, your name is meaningful…Many times when you’re in school or at work your teachers (many times white) and your bosses (also most likely white) don’t take the time to learn how to pronounce people’s name who aren’t from European descent. What do many people of color end up doing? They end up accepting the mispronunciation or accepting a nickname to help them feel more comfortable. They make mockery of your name by laughing at the pronunciation yet expect you to say their name correctly because they have a “normal name”, a “real name”, an “American name” which is entirely bullshit obviously.However small you may feel that this is , understand that it is part of the reason many are made to feel INFERIOR. From early childhood you are made to feel ashamed of your name and your heritage in America if you are not White. America preaches diversity and practices white supremacy. Non-white Kids at schools are made fun of if their name is not a western name. Most teachers feed right into it by calling and allowing the kids to accept a nickname so that everyone else will be more comfortable. You carry this feeling up until adulthood always giving yourself nicknames to feel accepted at the workplace. Non-white people especially African people need to make sure everyone respects who you are. Stop Conforming. Stop being ashamed. Stop bowing down. Be Proud of who you are and make sure others respect you. Idgaf if your name is “ididhddhishisdchuhwka” people need to know how to say it and why its meaningful.Post Made By @Solar_InnerG
who you are in high school is not who you will be in college and who you are in college is not who you will be when you are 30.
when you accept that you are malleable and ever-changing, you will be less resistant to new ways of thinking and being and you will grow into the beautiful person you are meant to become.
resist the urge to remain stagnant. there are always things to learn about the world and yourself. let yourself learn them.
- —COMMON: Man, I know I’m in love when I think about her a lot and I’m finding ways to get to that person. Even though I gotta work, even though I gotta take care of other responsibilities, I’m like yo, when am I gonna fly out and see that person? I look forward to seeing them.
- —KENDRICK LAMAR: How do you know you’re in love? When your heart feels it instead of your mind and your penis don’t. You know, it’s deeper than that… That’s when you know.
- —PETE ROCK: Oh man you feel it right here, *touches heart*, right there, it’s like cupid’s shooting you in the heart, that shit’s just BOOW! Lots of people say they don’t believe in love at first sight, but I do, it’s happened to me.
- —A$AP ROCKY: You know you in love cuz you don’t want nobody else but that person. You know, that’s how you know for sure. Like you could see a million other bad bitches, but you know, but it don’t even matter, you stuck.
- —BIG BOI: Your heart flutters a little bit, you like to kiss on the mouth a lot, your neck get hot when you kiss on the mouth, that type of stuff. Stuff like that, yea.
- —QUESTLOVE: I THINK WHEN THAT PERSON CONSUMES YOU.